Timeline - Neilston

900 - 1000  Cross at Lyoncross near Neilston

1161  Name "Neilston" known.
1180  Lazar House founded by Sir Robert de Croc between Crookston and Neilston, probably at Chappell.

1574  Scripture Reader in Neilston Parish. Parish school, under Scripture Reader.
1588  Plague and Famine in Neilston Parish.

1666  Covenanters muster at Shitterflats near Beith, Rullion Green. Local Covenanters rounded up and shipped to America. Ship was wrecked on Orkney Islands 
1676  Conventicles at Communion Hill, Neilston

1712  Patronage Act. Principal heritor of Neilston Parish is the sole patron 
1729  Neilston Society of Dissenters links up with Mearns 
1738  Alexander Moncrieff preaches dissent in Neilston 
1740  Famine in Neilston Parish 
1792  Crofthead Mill, Neilston built by Stewart, Orr & Co.

1844  Morrisonian congregation meeting in Neilston 
1845-1849 Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Railway. Opened 1849.
1895  Neilston Parish Council