Timeline - Busby

1780Cotton Spinning Mill erected at Busby
1790Lower Mill, Busby built by James Doxon
1796Busby House originally built 1796, Durham Kippen commissioned "Greek" Thomson to remodel and extend the house in 1856
1799Busby House (Dr Moore's home) originally built 1799, demolished 1960's
1845New system of Poor Relief. Poor house opened in Busby 
1867Glasgow to Busby, then East Kilbride, railway line opened by Busby Rail Company
1901Busby Printworks closed down 
1940WW2 - Canons removed from outside Duff Hall - used for making munitions