St Joseph's Parish Church, Clarkston

Image of St. Joseph's Parish Church, Clarkston

The original St. Joseph's Church was built in 1880 and was located on Busby Road. It was the first church to be built in the Clarkston area (outside of Busby). The first priest was Father Mueller who was required to travel to Mearns, Eaglesham and East Kilbride to say Mass.

The parish of St. Joseph's continued to grow, employing three priests by the Second World War, and eventually requiring a bigger church. The old church was demolished in 1969 and a new church was built on the same site, opening on 29 June 1971.