Netherlee Parish Church, Netherlee

Image of Netherlee Parish Church

On 29th April 1928, Netherlee Church Hall was opened for public worship by the United Free Church. Netherlee Parish Church, which is now designated as a category 'B' listed building, was built in 1933 by architects Stewart and Paterson. Its foundation stone was laid on 25th March 1933. The church was built using red sandstone and is Gothic in style, with a large traceried window at the east end and a wide nave with low segmental arched sides.

It is possible that Netherlee may be the last stone built church in the Glasgow area.